1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Professional wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

DDP: Smokin' hot wife, money, championship.

Yes, trailer trash of the world, you, too, can fail upward!

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yeah, Kim is unreal. That guy did ok for himself.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

No Way Out is, I hope, finally getting resolved.

Cena/Michaels vs. Taker/Batista
    Booker vs. Kane
    ECW title: Lashley vs. Kennedy
    Cruiserweight match: Helms (c) vs. Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Daivari vs. Jimmy Yang Wang vs. Jamie Noble vs. Funaki vs. Shannon Moore
    London/Kendrick vs. Deuce/Domino for tag titles
    Some kind of stupid Divas (all shows) talent show
    New addition (and awful): Boogeyman and MINI BOOGEYMAN vs. Fit Finlay and Little Bastard
    Also, according to Meltzer, Chris Benoit has been added to the card against an unnamed opponent. Gee, you think maybe the U.S. freaking champion could actually have a match SCHEDULED beforehand instead of people finding out AT THE PPV?

Hey WWE, William Regal doesn't have a match scheduled either. Chavo Guerrero doesn't either and he and Benoit have been feuding recently. Plus, add to that Rey Mysterio is advertised as making a special Smackdown TV appearance next week (they tape in San Diego this Tuesday) so maybe Benoit vs. Guerrero and Mysterio does a run-in at the PPV?

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

My damn Tivo didn't record the Thursday RAW, even though earlier in the week I checked, and it was on the To-Do List. Stupid Tivo... (That's probably the first time I've ever said that.)

5. Claws for Concern

Can't believe that the next Raw will be televised in .... Bakersfield. Wow.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dumb question, but why isn't Rey wrestling?

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Major knee surgery last year. That's why they did the angle with Chavo making him submit in an I Quit match by beating the hell out of it with a chair while he was suspended upside down from the entrance. It was also a "loser leaves Smackdown!" match, but apparently that little detail isn't worth remembering. Not sure what they'd do with him; I really don't want him feuding with Chavo and/or Vicki Guerrero again, but of the others options, the only ones I like are Mr. Kennedy and possibly the cruiserweights (yeah, it's a step down, but it helps legitimize them, and the matches would at least be entertaining).

8. Claws for Concern

Unless it changes, Benoit and the Hardy Boys will be facing MNM and MVP on the PPV tonight. Meltzer said so.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Ew, I hope that doesn't mean Benoit's feuding with MVP next. It probably does.

10. Claws for Concern

Benoit vs. MVP. At least MVP is getting top-notch help from a vet. Of course, this means that down the road - in Vince's world - they'll make Benoit put over Boogeyman. :(

11. Claws for Concern

Spoilers ...

John Cena/HBK over Batista/Undertaker
    Ashley won the Diva Talent Invitational when she showed off her two prized possessions. (Gimpy, have fun!!!!)
    ECW World Championship: Mr. Kennedy over Bobby Lashley via DQ
    WWE Tag Team Championship: Brian Kendrick/Paul London over Deuce and Domino
    Kane over King Booker
    Finlay/Little Bastard over Boogeyman/Little Boogeyman
    Chavo Guerrero Jr. won the Cruiserweight Open and Cruiserweight Championship by defeating Jimmy Wang Yang
    Hardy Boys/Chris Benoit over MNM/MVP

12. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Little Boogeyman?

Please tell me you're joking.

No wonder I'm on strike.

Draft saved Draft deleted