1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Professional wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Oct 27, 2006.

1. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I was at that show live. You could hear the echo from the chair shots throughout the building.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Merry Christmas to all the wrestling fans out there.

Will you actually watch WWE's Tribute to the Troops tonight? It might be one of the few times when you know WWE is on its best behavior and even casual fans can watch it and not be offended or laugh at you for liking pro wrestling.

Update: Show wasn't bad for the wrestling. A couple of guys who have feuded recently (Cena-Edge, Carlito-Orton), a few mixed show matches (Punk-Benjamin, Taker-Nitro), another Umaga builder-upper with yet another win over Jeff Hardy, thus keeping the Intercontinental title a second-class citizen belt and an ECW offering of Lashley-Holly. This might be one of the last times you'll ever see Chris Masters on your TV at 11:05 as he was taken out by Santa/JBL. Nice show overall with the troops getting a kick out of the entertainment and all of us back home hoping for their safe return ASAP.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Awesome-Tanaka at ECW ONS I was one of the sickest, wildest exhibitions of chair use that I've ever seen.

4. Claws for Concern

Since 2006 is in the books as far as PPVS, etc., what are you hoping for from WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG, etc. in 2007?

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

More juice!!!

6. Claws for Concern

In other words, more mentions of wrestlers with a crimson mask?

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Just because:

[​IMG]

8. Kable

Kable Member

What happenend on TNA last night? I couldn't watch it because I had to pick my bro up from work.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1102

10. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Card for New Year's Revolution:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Umaga
    DX vs. World Tag Team Champions Rated-RKO
    Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro (Steel Cage Match)
    Women’s Champion Mickie James vs. Victoria
    Ric Flair vs. Kenny Dykstra
    Carlito vs. Chris Masters

I'm sure they'll screw it up, but that actually looks like a pretty good show. Too bad they killed any momentum by having Federline pin Cena on Monday night.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Am I the only one who thinks Kenny's actually got a future?

He's got the look, he's got some charisma and he's actually got some in-ring skills. He needs work on the mic but in time he could be a good one.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wait. K-Fed pinned Cena? The only time I saw those two in the ring Monday night was at the end when Cena FU'd K-Fed. I guess that's what I get for watching 24 all night instead of wrestling...

Draft saved Draft deleted