1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Professional wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Kudos to Jeff Hardy for that move off the top of the cage, and for Umaga for taking it well.

On the other hand, that Jimmy Wang Yang moonsault on the Miz on ECW looked like someone messed up. Hopefully, Wang Yang wasn't hurt too bad.

2. I was at One Night Stand the night RVD won the title over Cena. That was just unreal. I'll never experience that kind of atmosphere at a wrestling event ever again.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I missed out on One Night Stand '06 and haven't seen it yet (it was around my high school prom/graduation date), but I loved the build up to the Foley/Edge vs. Funk/Dreamer match. And it was made even more interesting after reading Foley's latest book and I'm sure it delivered. I thought Cena/RVD sounded like vintage ECW, a great match with Cena being the consummate pro that night as I imagine and have heard the crowd was absolutely vicious.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The first ONS was great. But nothing will ever top Cena vs. RVD at ONS II.

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I gained a lot of respect for Cena that night. He played it perfectly.

6. KYSportsWriter

The heat on Cena was just amazing. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him at times during that match.

And speaking of Cena, I really miss seeing him in the ring (shocker, eh?). I wonder how his recovery is going?

7. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

No, I'm the same way. Hated him 'til a.) the RVD match at ONS II and b.) the match he worked with one arm against Mr. Kennedy (KENNEDY!)

8. KYSportsWriter

Those two matches earned Cena a lot of respect with me. I still can't believe how he carried the match with Kennedy with just one arm. That's still one of my favorite matches of 2007.

9. There was so much raw energy in the building for that match, it felt like the temperature went up 10 degrees right before the match started. I still haven't seen the match from the TV view perspective, but my wife was watching that night and said she could feel the crowd's energy and someone who never watched wrestling would have known how important that match was.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The crowd chants were f'n merciless. The "IF CENA WINS WE RIOT" sign was perfect.

And Cena's shirt being thrown back into the ring every single time just got the crowd going louder.

11. KYSportsWriter

It took a while, but I found it.

<<<<<<<<<<<

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

"Same old shit! Same old shit!"

Draft saved Draft deleted