1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Professional wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Oct 27, 2006.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Yes, season 3 if I'm not mistaken...I think it first aired in 2006.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Have to see if thats on youtube

3. Boston, I've been to Mohegan a couple of times to watch both RAW and Smackdown. Just by watching on TV, that was the hottest crowd I've seen at the arena. Usually, everyone is sitting on their hands.

4. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Anybody know why there won't be New Year's Revolution this year?

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Probably because PPVs are no longer Brand-separate (with the previous exceptions of the Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series).

Too many anyway.

6. KYSportsWriter

Who cares? It was usually a shitty PPV.

7. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

you're both right. probably no more 'one night stand' either

8. KYSportsWriter

Probably not. But that's probably a good thing.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I went to a Smackdown last August and the crowd was mostly dead except for a few spots (ie Batista, Matt Hardy). But this was an excellent bunch for most of the night, especially during the entire main event and the entire First Blood Match. I've been to countless wrestling shows in my life, but when Jeff Hardy jumped off the top and scored the pin, it was one of the loudest I've heard.

Hell, they even gave Hardcore Holly a huge pop.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I, for one, will miss the One Night Stand PPVs. Of course, take my original ECW fanboy tendencies into account.

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

One Night Stand '05 was my favorite PPV of all time and I've seen and attended WrestleMania's, Royal Rumble's, SummerSlam's, etc. Great show, everyone busted their ass, had a fantastic feel to it and I loved the Heyman/RVD "shoot" on JBL and Edge.

"Hide your wives, it's Edge!"

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I believe I quoted Heyman's dig at JBL somewhere earlier in this longer-than-a-Snitsky-match-seems thread...

Draft saved Draft deleted