1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Professional photography

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I get bubkes.

Must be a setting.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I don't see it either

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I see the top photo, but not the bottom photo.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What about now?

[​IMG]

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

got it

pretty

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  6. Songbird

Good. Yes, pretty. I'm more excited about using a high-end smartphone camera. Been stuck on an S5 for 3-4 year now. The difference is night and day.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Do you have a regular camera as well? Or are you shooting entirely with your phone?

8. Songbird

Wish I had a regular camera still.

Shooting entirely with the phone, for now.

9. Songbird

To tamp down the bouts of angst I've been going on long walks around this part of the city. I take a lot of photos along the way.

A few weeks ago I crossed paths with Mara. She gave me permission to take her photo.

[​IMG]

What I love about it beside her optimistic smile is that she brushes her teeth as shown by the purple toothbrush with toothpaste on it.

In ensuing walks I'd find my way in the same spot wondering if Mara hangs out there much ...

... to no avail but perhaps she had another party and emptied the bottle here ...

[​IMG]

A few days ago I pass the spot again but no Mara.

[​IMG]

Then today, a few hours ago, I found Mara several blocks from where we met for the first time weeks ago. She was digging head first in a garbage can at the dirtiest gas station in town. Asked if she was hungry and she said she'd love a cherry slurpee. The slurpee machine was broken so I got her a cold red gatorade, a slice of pizza, and a 5 dollar bill. I asked who did that to her face and she said a man who she never wants to see again. She said she's headed to Venice Beach and then Portland. I asked which Portland and she laughed and said there's just one Portland. I turned and walked away and heard her say, I love you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pilot and I Should Coco like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted