1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Profanity filled Wal-Mart rant......part 3,193

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Apr 29, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's the only place I know that sells my cats' favorite treats.

It's the only place I know (other than Target) I can find replacement blades/screens for my shaver. As well as cleaning solution for my razor.

It's the only place I know that I can buy those things and buy a soft pretzel to eat on the way home.

And you may not have heard, but the prices can't be beat.

Oops. I buried the lead.

"Mom and Pop" stores and restaurants may be hip to pretend you support . . . but most of the time they are overrated and overpriced.

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

When I'm in the checkout line at my local grocery store and the cashier is about to go on break, they always tell me before I start unloading my cart.

As for pushing up the cart so they can restock it, that's too easy. They just have to push the cart around the store and put it all on the shelves.

Go through another line. Let them ring up everything. Then say, "Oh, I forgot my debit card. It's in the car." Disappear.

Fuck Wal-Mart.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Glad someone finally noticed. I'm a fucking saint.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Target is f'n Bergdorf-Goodman, compared to Sam's hovels.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The prices betrween Wal-Mart, SuperTarget and Publix aren't that different, at least where I live. The latter two have a much better selection to choose from.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's a freaking Wal-Mart. It's like going to McDonald's and complaining about the food. You should know what you're in for when you go through the door.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart's bad but Chef's unnecessarily derogatory musings about the Wal-Mart customers was worse.

I think you should restock some political correctness, Mr. Wal-Mart shopper. Just a smidgen.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'm still pulling for the unretarded thin kid.

9. Good for you. That kid never catches a break.

10. Awesomeness.

11. rube

rube Active Member

Chef, you've got to go through the do-it-yourself lane -- unless of course you've got a full cart. Which never stops the toothless white trash lady with a beer gut from taking an overflowing cart load so she can "accidentally forget" to scan half the cart. I've seen that about a million times.

But Wal-Mart does have several solid functions -- you can buy milk and motor oil at the same time, as well as booze and condoms at 2 a.m.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not much to add here except we should never pile on a man for getting in a good rant. Let him vent and move on.

Draft saved Draft deleted