1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Profanity filled Wal-Mart rant......part 3,193

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Theoretical convenience?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

To see if it's as cool as Bubbler says it is?

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I often also characterize people at Wal-Mart as fat because I swear, most of the fattest most disgusting people I've ever seen have been at Wal-Mart. And they either never change clothes, or they change into their shittiest stuff to go to shopping.

It would almost be fun to bring a chair, kick back and watch the herds pass, but of course there's no fucking room to sit anywhere, let alone stand or move with a cart either in their narrow aisles or between all their damn displays set up in the middle of the main concourses selling cheap, worthless shit.

I hate Wal-Mart, and I only shop there when I absolutely have to. I know Target's not much different in terms of business model, but I swear, it's like a whole different world most of the time.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid. phucking. post.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

I'll do this the way I saw it on a license plate the other day;

EYEMSRY

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's the only place I can buy condoms at 2 a.m.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's awesome, dude. I'll pass the apology next time I visit her at the group home. She'll probably think she knows you, too. It'll be glorious.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm fighting inflation.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like the store. I think it's great scenery for boring days.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Why do I go to Wal-Mart?

1. Convenience. I can get nearly everything I'm going to need in one stop. I can buy personal items, groceries, slippers, a cooler and new tires in one place. Handy.

2. Cost. If I were to go to the mom and pop stores to get all that, I'd easily spend twice as much. I know. I went to the local grocery, where it's twice as much. I tried Fresh Market. I've looked. Nothing's going to beat Wal-Mart.

3. Who cares about customer service? Who ever has to talk to anyone at Wal-Mart? I get what I want, I get in line, I give a cursory nod to my checkout person, I swipe my card, I'm out. The end. Know what you're doing and you're fine.

4. I don't give a shit about "doing my part" to help small businesses. If they can't compete with the market, then too fucking bad. Pick a different business to go into.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My favorite part about IJAG is her compassion. I think it's vastly underrated.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

In my part of America, and I never thought these words would be strung together ever, Walmart is the lesser of many evils.

I'd head to Target, but the closest one (15 miles away) doesn't have a grocery. Of the three closest grocery stores, two are crappy because they aren't in a affluent part of town and the third is small-town crappy. They closed the two closest grocery stores because they couldn't compete with Walmart.
    The nearest good grocery stores are 20 miles away, the nearest Publix is an hour round-trip and the nearest Fresh Market or Whole Foods -- well, as much as I love going there, Big Oil is eating up all my disposable income to shopping there.
    Occasionally, I'll go to Costco, but only after a payday. The $100 trips have turned into $150 -- plus gas.

Draft saved Draft deleted