1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prof Murdered By Autistic Child

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 25, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

BN--With no disrespect to your beliefs, if you factor God into every news story that doesn't have a happy ending (ie, few to none), you will never get out of bed.

Many people turn to a 'loving God' for comfort and strength, instead of assessing blame.

2. jps

jps Active Member

it all comes back to that whole free will thing. we've got it and, by and large, we suck.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

To offend was not my intention, Waterytart. I should have found a way to be clearer with my opinion and failed (That does not happen often). I was simply frustrated by how God gives some people handicaps they can overcome using different methods (like those who can use Special Olympics as a means to being productive in and away from sports; and then gives absolutely no way to cope to someone like this kid in Ohio). That was what I was aiming for.

....But I missed. Sorry for all the hub-bub it caused.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Considering how quickly any thread involving religion can turn into a train wreck of anger and insults, I'd say everyone here did ok in avoiding such.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Harris, quit trying to start a holy war.

Draft saved Draft deleted