1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Product recommendations (perhaps a running thread...?)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Feb 13, 2011.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Trying to save money is a great thing. Find products that help you do that is even better. Thought maybe we could all share some products that have helped with doing that here.

Mine is this:

http://www.grandmassoap.com

I sat on a felled telephone pole between games at a baseball tournament. When I stood up, my partner told me I had gotten what looked like tar or resin all over the seat of my umpire pants. Thinking they were ruined anyway, i tried some Murphy's Oil Soap (always worked on Georgia red clay). That didn't work. Then the wife and I were out shopping the next day and we saw a bottle of this on the counter. We thought we'd give it a shot. Worked like a charm.

Then we tried it on stains in clothes that we thought were helpless, like grease stains and tomato based stains. Those came out, too.

A great way to add to the life of clothes that you may think are ruined. Saved me $40-50 on another pair of pants for the season. All for a $5 bottle. Not to mention numerous T-shirts and polo shirts that I've spilled food on.

Anyone else got good, little known remedies out there?

Draft saved Draft deleted