1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Producers Guild Best Picture nominees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Loved Planet of the Apes... I'd be stunned to see it nominated for Best Picture though...

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

With five nominees, I'd be stunned. Seems there's a sci-fi slot these days, though. "Inception." "District Nine." Etc., etc.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've seen 7 of the 10 (haven't seen "Hugo," "War Horse" or "Dragon Tattoo." Of the rest, I loved "The Artist" and liked, didn't love the rest.

4. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

The best movie I saw this year was "The Muppets," which probably tells you a lot about how many movies I get to see at this point in my life and the types of movies I see when I do get the chance.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I'll third this. Only part I laughed at was when the bigger woman took a dump in the sink.

6. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Bridesmaids had some genuinely funny moments, but best pic? Please.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Midnight in Paris was meh for me. I thought the shots of the city Were really good, the plot ok. It was neat to try to think of what it would've been like in that period, but i can't buy Owen Wilson as a serious writer. And I would've dumped that bitch of a fiancé on our second date.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Extremely Long and Incredibly Boring was knifed by a majority of critics with taste before it saw the light of day.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Any list of the best movies of the year that doesn't include Tree of Life is sorely lacking.

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I know TigerV mentioned it on the movie thread, but I saw "Win Win" last night and really, really enjoyed it. Best film I've seen this year, although I haven't seen many of the above.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty lightweight. Funny to see Owen Wilson do a Woody Allen impersonation throughout the film but the plot was contrived and ovbious and the writers and artists were dopey parodies.

I thought The Help was really good. Descendants was fine.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm stunned to say I've only seen "Bridesmaids" and "The Help." Two out of 10 ... pretty weak when I think I hit most of the good movies.

"Moneyball," "The Ides of March" and "Midnight in Paris," we figured we'd see them when they reach On-Demand.

Draft saved Draft deleted