1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Producer - SI.com (Atlanta)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hr_reception, Mar 30, 2010.

1. chicos_bailbonds

chicos_bailbonds New Member

What prompted this opening? I assume someone's leaving, right?

2. littlehurt98

littlehurt98 Member

I've always wanted to work for SI since I was a kid. I applied for this job. I have little hope of even getting a callback for it, but the worst they can say is no right?

3. ryedog001

ryedog001 New Member

Received a call from a very nice woman in New York last week concerning my application. We spoke again yesterday for about 30 minutes. She basically told me the position will be covering night shifts, beginning roughly around the time operations in the New York office shut down for the day. Pay will be commensurate with experience.

I should hear something within the next few weeks, regardless, as she has to interview what I am sure is a deep pool of applicants. Keeping my fingers crossed.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

From my experience, "producer" is a a catch-all term for someone with multimedia skills, but can also extend to CSS, HTML and whatever other online tasks the employer needs done.

5. chicos_bailbonds

I checked around. One of their guys is leaving for Golf.com.

6. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Member

Me too! got the call today...

7. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

You work in online and do nothing with video?
    Wow.

8. chicos_bailbonds

I would really like a callback. Daddy needs to work in a big city.

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Experience with HTML will come in handy, but actual programming skills (such as CSS) won't be required - SI.com is published using a custom CMS developed in-house.

10. Jeff Ritter?

11. chicos_bailbonds

I don't know the guy's name, but yes Golf.com.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Interviewed for a SI.com gig in another life ... so long ago that CNN/SI was playing in the lobby in Atlanta while I was waiting for the interview.

Draft saved Draft deleted