1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Producer-Golf.com- New York, NY

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Ali DeBiasi, Apr 24, 2008.

?

Job Opening

Poll closed May 24, 2008.
  1. Applied

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Did not apply

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Producer-Golf.com

It's part of the SI-CNN-Time Warner family. Pretty sure it's well funded and in no danger.

2. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Re: Producer-Golf.com

Indeed. Every golf story linked on SI.com is on the Golf.com template, so I'm sure Golf.com has plenty of traffic. Plus, the Golf Magazine writers are top-notch in the field.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's two too many degrees of separation.

4. pantherprowl

pantherprowl Guest

What do you guys think would be a ballpark figure for the compensation at this position?

5. Grimace

Grimace Guest

What's cost of living like in NY?
    What's the circ?

just kiddin'

6. bigtimmy

bigtimmy New Member

Has anyone heard anything from this job? I interviewed for it twice, even did this editing assignment and site critique, and followed up with them many times but never got a call back on what was going on. Did these people just hire somebody and not bother to tell the poor saps who INTERVIEWED for the friggin' job????

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wait.

This thread is from April and you are wondering if anything happened?

You are wondering why you didn't get a call back?

I'm just going to go out on a limb and assume you should've voted no in the poll.

8. bigtimmy

bigtimmy New Member

I was just wondering if someone got the job is all. Sometimes companies (like the Cardinals gameday mag on this job board) postpone hirings for some unknown reason. I just thought it rude and unprofessional of this company to not even give a callback to someone that was interviewed twice for the job.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Dude, get used to not getting calls.

That's how the job market works these days.

If a thread says it is going into the interview process and you haven't gotten a call, then you aren't one of the interviewees.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It is. I guess it might be something to remember if you are ever in a position to do hiring.

11. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

He was interviewed. Twice.

If you interview for a job, the employers have a responsibility at the minimum to let you know if you didn't get the job. It's called professionalism.

12. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

Chill Angola!. If you're gonna be a smartass about a guy's post why don't you read the whole thing first. He interviewed. TWICE!

Draft saved Draft deleted