1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Producer-Golf.com- New York, NY

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Ali DeBiasi, Apr 24, 2008.

?

Job Opening

Poll closed May 24, 2008.
  1. Applied

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Did not apply

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Ali DeBiasi

Ali DeBiasi New Member

Golf.com is seeking a producer. The person hired for this position would produce articles, photo galleries, sections fronts, and special sections for all areas of the site, including tour news, instruction, equipment and travel. The producer would also help to update the homepage with breaking news and service content. In addition to working with original content and wire news, the producer would help translate content from Sports Illustrated and Golf Magazine to the web.

Responsibilities:

- Updating the homepage and subsections of the site with breaking news and service content. Note: The jobs will include some nights and weekends, especially during the PGA Tour tournament season.

- Creating online components to supplement magazine content, as well as some original features, and producing magazine articles for online use.

- Writing and editing of headlines, subheads, captions and blurbs.

- Photo production for display images and galleries.

- Some story editing, for staff and wire copy.

Requirements:

- College degree, preferably in journalism or a related field.

- Experience working for a publication or Web site is strongly preferred, and experience in sports or golf journalism is a plus, but recent graduates with the right skills will be considered.

- Sound news judgment and an ability to meet deadlines.

- Familiarity with Web production systems.

- Golf knowledge is required. The ideal candidate would be both a fan and a golfer.

- Solid computer skills, including at least a basic knowledge of HTML and Photoshop. More advanced Web skills, including audio and video production, would be in the candidate’s favor.

Please apply using the following link.

http://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_home.asp?partnerid=391&siteid=5161&Codes=NXXX,100051BR

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: Producer-Golf.com

Where is the job located? (Should be in the thread title: Producer for Golf.com, Podunk, Ill.)

And why is there a poll?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I voted yes. Does that mean I'm hired?

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The Sherlock Homeboy in me determined the job is in New York City.

5. christopher_king

christopher_king New Member

I think it looks like a great opportunity.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I wonder if Ali knows Ted DeBiasi?

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I think it's a great opportunity, unless you're not interested in leaving a dying medium for a thriving one.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If I liked golf, I'd apply, FWIW.

9. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I wonder if Ted DeBiasi knows Ted Bundy, knows Al Bundy, knows Al Michaels, knows Lorne Michaels, knew Lorne Greene, knew Al Green, knows A.C. Green, knows Kevin Bacon . . .

10. Re: Producer-Golf.com

I voted yes because I believe that this is, in fact, a job opening.

11. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

I'm also wondering whether anyone knows the answer to 2muchcoffee's question . . .

Where is this job located?

12. Editude

Editude Active Member

Who goes to/uses this site for golf news? It would be frustrating to work on some seeming new-media staff that has such little relevance.

Draft saved Draft deleted