1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Probably the most unsettling, racist thing I have seen in a long time.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 5, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Ummm... we really don’t need the police and crackers killing blacks and other minorities right now.

Video Shows Police Shooting Indianapolis Man During His Live Stream
    Video Shows Police Shooting Indianapolis Man During His Live Stream

Unsure why deadly force e was needed on shirtless who looked to be walking quickly.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Which news outlet broke this video first?

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

No Jeff George comment, so it gets an "incomplete."

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

You know who is also unsigned and doesn’t show up to a press conference in a Zoot suit and a Mountie hat?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The third sentence in Whitlock's tweet is a cheap shot. The rest of it? More or less fair.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Completely predictable.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It is fair. I’d never write it - my role in a discussion like this is to call it racism and support robust prosecution - but Whitlock absolutely has a voice in the discussion.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whitlock knows what he's talking about. He's made a career being a fake contrarian/bashing athletes who speak out on things. He could have just had his own take on the subject matter - but no - he uses LeBron, like he's used the fame of others to get push his name/twitter activity higher.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm not sure a Stepin Fetchit belongs in any discussion, but you do you.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It really takes some serious stones for anyone to ask people to be patient and let the justice system work when three DAs have passed on the case. I get that prosecutors don't tend to prosecute cases they don't think they can win, and maybe this county is so racist that a DA thought there was no way they'd get a guilty verdict - but my goodness.

12. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted