1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Probably the most unsettling, racist thing I have seen in a long time.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 5, 2020.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Honestly, it's amazing these two inbreds have not been arrested already.

The two of you shot and killed this skinny, unarmed kid in self defense? I hate to tell you, Skeeter, but you and Jimbob gotta prove he was whipping your ass something good.

Hey, we got a call that two guys in a truck shot and killed a jogger in Swanky Acres.
    Awwwwe, fuck.
    Oh, wait... the jogger was black. It's all good.

Tarheel316 and OscarMadison like this.
  3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

District attorney investigator and his son. That's why they haven't been arrested and why they'll probably get away with it.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Some things that matter (to me):

— media reports quote the father as saying there has been numerous breakins in the neighborhood. There actually had only been one in the previous two months. It was from the shooters truck.
    — there is alleged video of Arbery in a house under construction. Said video is not public, but as a runner, I will add that I often stop to check out things and take photos. Could it be, he stopped to look at the house and wonder why it had been under construction for so long?
    — who took the video and were they involved in the chase. The Brunswick paper state there was a third person involved.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Whitlock blasts LeBron tweet

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'll give Whitlock credit. When you're that fat it's gotta be hard to tap dance for the man quite so enthusiastically.

studthug12, Chef2 and wicked like this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The only thing more on brand from Whitlock would have been to add some outdated slang and an out of context quote from The Wire.

BitterYoungMatador2 and Chef2 like this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There was no way this was going to turn out well for Arbery.

I've seen a few people bring up a gun charge against the deceased from several years ago. The DA's report where he declined to prosecute the father and son referred to that charge and a history of violence or mental illness. He also said that Arbery was the aggressor because he reached after Travis' shotgun and punched him in the face. That makes no sense. The McMichaels chose to get their guns, follow him in a truck and confront him when they had zero legal authority to do so. If they didn't do that, none of this would have happened.

If you're walking or running down the street and two civilians in a car or truck stop you, brandish weapons and say "they just want to talk" what are you going to do?

That said, I'll reserve judgement until Tucker Carlson weighs in.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's pretty hard to outrun bullets. Or a truck.

10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Criminals like these should be drawn and quartered. Horrific punishment should be brought back as punishment for heinous acts like this.

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The argument that an armed man who accosts an unarmed man is entitled to self defense when the unarmed man tries to disarm him is absolutely mind-boggling.

Draft saved Draft deleted