1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football Weekly is done

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mahoney, Jun 1, 2013.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Some good news: Pro Football Weekly editor/publisher Hub Arkush is hired to cover the Bears: http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/mobile/article.xml/articles/2013/06/26/16390388/index.xml.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

buchsbaum and i went to the same h.s. he led a hermitic life, but all in the know appreciated him for being far superior to kiper. he just didn't have the hair or anything photogenic tv looks for. he got by working in the basement of his mom's house and tiny mess of an apartmen, both in the midwood/flatbush area of brooklyn. i still laugh about all our pre-draft phone conversations, waiting to hear the new year's prospect who 'looks like tarzan, plays like jane.' belichick, george young, dick steinberg and bobby beathard were among his biggest fans. he was a one of a kind character who left us too soon. i'm just glad pfw, always on the brink of extinction, it seemed, remained alive at least as long as joel did. :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted