1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football HoF - 2 Names

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CYowSMR, Aug 11, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Relax, OOP. Christ. I mean, shit. "You're more than welcome to stop reading and posting"? Really? Thank you for allowing me that option. Ugh.

And Spnited said no to Warner, but yes to Simms. That was me disagreeing with him.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was my response to the constant sarcasm about HOF threads. Just saying if you don't like them, you don't have to read them.

I think Simms and Warner are both borderline guys. If I had to pick one over the other, I would also go with Warner.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Dude. I understand I can not read and post. But I am. Deal with it. (That's the last I'll argue this point so not to interfere with the debaters who enjoy it.)

That said.....deep breath.....yeah. Warner > Simms. Honestly, I don't even think it's close, even with Simms' Super Bowl win. He had a great game, not a great career. Warner had a great career.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I still find it laughable that you all say look at the place, it's the NFL Hall of Fame. Of course it is until the first guy breaks the barrier. It was Major League Baseball HOF until the first non-MLB person made it.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To reiterate an old point. Quarterbacks who've started three or more Super Bowls are Griese, Staubach, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Montana, Elway, Kelly, Aikman, Brady, and Warner. Class, what do the first nine names on that list have in common?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Warner had 67 wins as a starter.

Simms had 95. Bledsoe had 98. Jim Plunkett had 72. Brad Johnson had 72. Randall Cunningham had 82. Gabriel had 86. Theismann had 77. Ken Anderson had 91 and Esiason had 80.

None of those guys get in.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We did the Warner debate. I personally say no. If he does get through, it is going to take a while.

Flutie: He might merit honorable mention in the Bert Jones wing of the Hall.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You have eight of the best players ever... and Kurt Warner. :)

There is a colossal dropoff from the eighth best player in that group (Aikman or Bradshaw) and Warner.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Never said you shouldn't read and post. I just don't understand complaining about a debate even as you join it.

Have to agree on Warner over Simms. After looking at their career numbers, the gap might be even wider than I thought. To be fair, Simms never got to play with great receivers. Warner pulled the trigger for two high-powered offenses with fantastic receivers.

This idea that quarterbacks can be judged solely based on victories is beyond laughable. Do better, Mizzou.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence when it comes to Flutie but Damon Allen sure as hell belongs there.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Bob Griese shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If Kurt Warner doesn't get into the HOF, this will be why:

[​IMG]

If the outcome of that game is different, he's in.

Of course, it was his INT returned for a TD at the end of the first half that changed the game, so you can say he's to blame. But still, if Cards win that game, Kurt Warner is fast-tracked to Canton.

Draft saved Draft deleted