1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football HoF - 2 Names

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CYowSMR, Aug 11, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree Flutie deserves more than just passing consideration, since it is the Pro Football HOF, but it's not like he went to the CFL b/c nobody 5-10 and shorter was allowed to play in the NFL.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No and no...

I don't want to re-live the whole Warner debate.

Flutie is interesting because of what he did in Canada. I still don't think you can put him in.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

And none of them get in before Roman Gabriel.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

If Joe Namath is in, then the waiting period should be waived for Warner.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Have you been to Canton?
    I don't care what they call it, the place is basically one big commercial for the NFL, NFL Films, NFL Nework, etc.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

According to the guideline on the HOF's website, anyone can nominate anyone who has been involved in pro football. The only obvious bias to the selection process is that electors are made up of people from current NFL cities and 11 at-large members, none of them appear to be Canadian.
    I can understand a Flutie snub, they could argue the northern game is just a different species altogether.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wish they'd just stop calling it the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's nothing of the sort. It's the NFL Hall of Fame

8. Mizzougrad96

Well, I think USFL and AFL should count as well. If Flutie was borderline based on his NFL career, I would think what he did in Canada might push him over the top. But he's not close.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Doug Flutie wasn't even a good quarterback in the NFL. Hell, he wasn't particularly good in the USFL, either. No chance at all.

Warner will probably get there and he should. I know he had those rough seasons between his time with the Rams and the end with the Cardinals, but the overall numbers are very good and he had enough highs to belong.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

See how much fun these HOF debates are?

And Warner is 100 times the QB Simms was.

Damn...that WAS fun!!

Also...no one gets in before RAY LEWIS AND MICHAEL VICK GOD DAMMMIT!!!!!

11. Mizzougrad96

Peter King had 2011 HOF odds in MMQB this week. No real surprises other than he lists Deion Sanders as the best of the bunch.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you don't like the debate, Ryan, you are more than welcome to stop reading and posting.

Where did you get the Warner-Simms comparison from?

Draft saved Draft deleted