1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football HoF - 2 Names

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CYowSMR, Aug 11, 2010.

1. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

The baseball thread got me thinking, along with a discussion at ArenaFan.com, about the possibility of Pro Football HoF guys.

Doug Flutie and Kurt Warner.

Thoughts?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think HOF discussions are awesome!

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No ... Yes.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Flutie? Are you kidding? If the CFL has a Hall, and it really ought to, he's in that, which isn't to be sneezed at.
    Warner will be elected, eventually.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Gotta agree with Michael. Flutie had his moments in the NFL but his best days were in the CFL and at Boston College. Warner isn't a first ballot guy but he has enjoyed an outstanding career and will eventually get a trip to Canton.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seemed in the 70s and 80s every team had an HOF caliber qb at some point. These days, many teams have won Super Bowls DESPITE their qbs, rather than because of them.
    Warner, Brees, Favre, McNabb, Brady, and P. Manning are the only "recent era" QBs I see getting in any time soon. And even Brees might be a stretch.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's not the NFL hall of fame. It's the Pro Football hall of fame. Although, I think it should be.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I put McNabb and Warner in the same mix. Brees needs a few more years. Favre, P. Manning and Brady are no brainers.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dieter Brock: In or out?

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not before Vince Ferragamo.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Absolutely with Warner.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

No and No