1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football Hall of Fame Weekend

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 8, 2009.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Yeah, very unhelpful. Right now, I'm just tacking on the notebook they moved earlier.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just took each of the apnewsnows, wrote up a graph after Woodson (which is my lede) with the other five inductees, then tacked on the other AP capsules. I'm assuming they'll write through at some point...right?

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

DT is next Lisa.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Was Rod Woodson not the biggest windbag you ever heard? My God, he went forever about nothing.

FWIW, Carl Peterson is doing the Derrick Thomas speech as we speak.

5. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I thought Rod was a little rambly and certainly went on too long, but it was a good speech otherwise.

It's interesting that so many people cite the 7-sack game against Seattle as one of #58's best games, because the one that got away was the one that lost the Chiefs the game, and it ate away at him like you wouldn't believe.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Carlton Fisk scoffs at Rod Woodson's windbaggedness.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Did Woodson mention Snider High School?

8. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Carl Peterson is a robot. I was a little disappointed by that speech.

9. Simon

Simon Active Member

I'm surprised that Carl didn't flop his Super Bowl ring on top of the desk so we could all see it... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted