1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football Hall of Fame Weekend

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 8, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching Berman introduce Ralph Wilson, and while I know Berman takes a lot of flak on this board, he's done a good job in explaining why Ralph Wilson belongs in the Hall of Fame. Still don't know why ESPN allowed it, he's coming off as a shameless Bills fan, but as far as giving Wilson his due, he's done a great job.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Isn't he a shameless 49ers fan, too?

And a shameless Buccaneers fan, too?

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

People from New England are generally douchebags.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tell me about it!

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

you really believe the espn suits give a bleep about its "stars/reporters" sucking up to the folks they cover? have you not been paying attention? ??? ??? ???

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Just realized this was on. Has the Derrick Thomas presentation occurred yet?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Football has a hall of fame?

Huh.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Bert's not in that one, either.

Unless you count Bert Bell.

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I'm trying to figure that out myself. Randall McDaniel was just inducted, (he gave a great speech, incidentally) and Bob Hayes is up now.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Fred Dean, in third place for me among players in the Hall primarily based on Super Bowl association.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Side note (and maybe better suited for JTO): is the AP going to move a story of any length anytime soon? Because these little APNewsNow capsules are shit.

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Given that Bruce Smith has yet to be inducted, and Rod Woodson is STILL talking, I'm gonna guess that #58 went in first and I missed it. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted