1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football Hall of Fame semifinalists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think, fairly or unfairly, he loses points for playing on such a dominant team.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Dermonti Dawson? Steve Tasker? Mecklenberg?

Please.
    Those were all fine, fine NBFL player but in no way are they calibre for HoF.

The ones who should go in from that list, I think, include Cris Carter, Tag, DeBartolo, Haley and maybe Martin/Atwater/George Young.

Based on my school of thought with what it takes to be a Hof-er, none of the others.

3. Mizzougrad96

So, you're saying Shields is not deserving?

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Put in Cris Carter. He was an elite receiver. Just do it already. I would give him the edge over Tim Brown because of the touchdowns. Parcells should get in too.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Craig and Marshall Faulk are the only two players to have 1,000/1,000 seasons.

I wouldn't have a huge problem with Craig getting in, but he's probably below the line.

6. Mizzougrad96

I've given up betting on when certain receivers would get in. I'm not surprised Tim Brown has had to wait, but I would have thought Reed and Carter would be in by now.

I feel pretty good that Shields and Martin will get in this year. Willie Roaf will get in, it's just a question of when. Bettis will get in eventually.

Parcells will get in. It's pretty tough to guess on coaches/GMs/owners though.

I'm guessing Eddie D. will not get in.

Ron Wolf is not deserving.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So Bill Parcells isn't deserving?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Time to close up your school.

Aside from badly missing on Parcells and Shields, you obviously don't know much about Dawson, either.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Here would be my final 15

Steve Atwater, S
    Jerome Bettis, RB
    Tim Brown, WR/KR
    Cris Carter, WR
    Don Coryell, Coach
    Dermontti Dawson, C
    Charles Haley, DE/LB
    Cortez Kennedy, DT
    Curtis Martin, RB
    Bill Parcells, Coach
    Andre Reed, WR
    Willie Roaf, T
    Will Shields, G
    Chris Doleman, DE/LB
    George Young, Contributor

I'd bet the Class is Parcells, Martin, Carter, Roaf or Shields and Kennedy.

10. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Six-time AP all-pro center and on the NFL decade team for the 1990s. Clearly Dawson is not a hall of famer &_&

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thought Roaf would be first-ballot so not holding breath on Shields, though he should. Dawson was a dominating player and is deserving.

Like the Gradishar-Mecklenberg rationale.

I'd vote for Matthews.

Parcells? Don't even have to think about it.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

My seven picks: Bettis, Brown, Carter, Dawson, Kennedy, Parcells and Tagliabue. I say let Roaf and Shields in together next year; I might put both ahead of Kennedy, but I would rather see Kennedy make it than split up those two. It would be great to see them go in together.

Draft saved Draft deleted