1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football Hall announces 2010 finalists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Smith, Rice, and Haley are no-brainers and Brown would get my vote too. Carter is pretty close. I'd have to study up on the others.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Tim Brown never seemed to be a factor. A lot of numbers.

3. mb

mb Active Member

Rice, Smith, Sharpe, Carter, Haley, LeBeau*, Little*

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'm sending in a blank ballot, because I don't think anyone is worthy of a unanimous selection on the first ballot in an even year with a full moon.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Am I missing something with Haley? What in the world makes him a no-brainer?

His career numbers aren't all that impressive (for a HOF candidate).

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

So happy Rickey Jackson finally made the list. It's criminal that Andre Tippett is already in the Hall and Jackson's just made the finalists list.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm
    Jerry Rice
    Shannon Sharpe
    Emmitt Smith

Though I wish I could have found room for Coryell, Dawson, and Randle as well. The NFL's arbitrary limit is dumb.

8. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Smith and Rice are locks, the rest will really be on how the voters feel in the room. They have gotten better about putting defensive guys in the last few years, which makes it a good bet for Jackson, Haley or Dent. I don't see Kennedy making it because his prime wasn't that long. I know Dr. Z always wrote that Randle was overrated, but with him sadly not in the picture this year, Randle might slip in on hype.

Would love to see Coryell get in, but not against this crowd this year. Grimm and Dawson were both great, but I don't see them getting the support quite yet. I think one of the receivers (Brown, Carter, Sharpe) gets in as well. I'd be surprised if two make it.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

why asterisks by LeBeau and Little, last year eligible?

10. mb

mb Active Member

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

thanks

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Russ Grimm, Shannon Sharpe, Emmitt Smith, Charles Haley

The Carter travesty has to end.... The Hogs, the most valuable component of Gibbs' 3 NFL titles, have to be represented in the Hall. Period. ... Haley gets in because the football writers get it right compared with the baseball clods, giving a chunk of weight to contributions made during the championship game.

Draft saved Draft deleted