1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Bowl WR in the AFC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 16, 2007.

?

Who are the two WRs in this group who SHOULDN'T be in the Pro Bowl?

1. Braylon Edwards (13 TD catches in 13 games)

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. T.J. Houshmandzadeh (101 receptions, 1028 yards, 11 TD in 14 G)

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Chad Johnson (85, 1265, 6, 14G)

31 vote(s)
    56.4%
  4. Randy Moss (82, 1264, 19, 13G)

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Reggie Wayne (78, 1211, 9, 13G)

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. Wes Welker (93, 974, 8, 13G)

32 vote(s)
    58.2%
  1. I chose Housh over CJ because of the TDs.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Oops, misread the poll and voted for the two guys who SHOULD be there, so I voted for Housh and Braylon. Now that I know the rules, I would've voted Chad and Welker.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Mizzou education ... ::) :D ;D

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Nah, probably the Kansas public school system at work. ;D

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I voted for Moss and Edwards -- because I misread the poll. I thought it was the two most deserving.
    The two who have no business in the pro bowl are Chad and T.J. Neither has had anything approaching an all-star season. They've both been preening drop machines who continually fail to make the big play. If either is selected, it'll be a sham.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I had picked TJ and Welker... but I would agree with this, too.

7. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

For me, it would be Moss, Edwards and Wayne at the top, with TJ Hopdiopdfifadah getting the nod over Welker. I love watching Welker play, and he has been incredible this season. I just can't justify him over TJ.

Moss is a given, and Edwards has been great. Wayne has become the go-to guy despite getting more attention with injuries to Harrison and Clark.

TJ played better than CJ this season. I think CJ is the better player, but he seemed to have an awful lot of drops and miscommunication on routes in games that I saw.

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I didn't read close enough. I picked the two I thought most deserved to be there, then was shocked that Welker and Johnson were leading.

Moss, with the season he's having, is pretty much a given unless he does something stupid between now and then. Otherwise, draw names out of a hat of those guys, minus Welker.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Looks like we nailed that one.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hell of a list.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My question is how many QBs who weren't their team's starter at the beginning of the season will play in the Pro Bowl.
    D. Anderson
    K. Warner
    Sage Rosefelds?

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

As a Bengals fan, I'm thrilled to see Housh make it over Johnson. Score one for the non-loudmouth crowd.

Deion made a good point during the Cinci/SF game that Johnson is a lousy runner after catches.

Draft saved Draft deleted