1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Bowl WR in the AFC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 16, 2007.

?

Who are the two WRs in this group who SHOULDN'T be in the Pro Bowl?

1. Braylon Edwards (13 TD catches in 13 games)

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. T.J. Houshmandzadeh (101 receptions, 1028 yards, 11 TD in 14 G)

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Chad Johnson (85, 1265, 6, 14G)

31 vote(s)
    56.4%
  4. Randy Moss (82, 1264, 19, 13G)

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Reggie Wayne (78, 1211, 9, 13G)

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. Wes Welker (93, 974, 8, 13G)

32 vote(s)
    58.2%
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Last night, I was blown away when one of the morons, Deion Sanders, said that TJ Houshmandzadeh should be in the Pro Bowl over Braylon Edwards.

To me, Housmandzadeh and Welker, who get none of the double-teaming that Moss or Ocho Cinco get, should be the odd guys out.

Edwards numbers: 65, 1106, 13, 13G

2. Moss.
    Toss a coin on the other one.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Welker is having a hell of a season. Then again, it's the Pro Bowl, which no one really cares about, including the players themselves who enjoy the time in Hawaii but don't care at all about anything else unless they get bonuses too.

4. Simon_Cowbell

I'm talking about rating the players... has nothing to do with what sort of sham the event is.

Also, this is about the two who should NOT make it.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I picked the two Bengals not to make it. Their seasons have been all numbers and no results. Maybe some of it has been not having Rudy Johnson, but Kenny Watson wasn't that bad filling in. The individuals on that team haven't come together.

On the other hand, Braylon has had some huge catches for the Browns this year. Welker has been the most reliable Pats receiver, and Reggie Wayne has not seen his numbers drop even though all the coverage rotates on him now that Marvin Harrison has to await his leg amputation.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Welker won't go...

Moss and Edwards should be the starters... Then, flip a coin among the Bengals guys...

7. Simon_Cowbell

Two votes for Moss?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah. That's fucking absurd.

I picked Edwards and Welker. If we're doing this by numbers, Edwards has the least amount of catches and is fourth on the yardage list. To me, that speaks of reliability issues. No way do you lead the conference in receptions and have double digits in scoring and not get an invite to the Pro Bowl.

And Chad Johnson might be a tad overrated this year, too -- at least by this season's numbers.

9. I'd vote for Moss, Edwards and Wayne

by the way, how about the season Brandon Marshall has quietly had?

86-for-1136

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Braylon drops too many damn balls.

11. Simon_Cowbell

To NOT make it?

The top two in TD receptions are slam dunks to make it, to me.

Especially with one playing in Cleveland with Derek Freaking Anderson.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, they couldn't make Charlie Freaking Frye look good, so perhaps this Derek Freaking Anderson actually has some ability.

I voted for Welker and Chad Johnson. Welker is darn good as proven in Miami last year. Still, he's up almost 30 catches over last year. That's due more to Moss and Brady than to him. His average per catch is almost exactly the same as last year.

Chad Johnson's play doesn't match his talk and I think that will hurt him. Plus it would be tough for Housh to miss out what with leading the league in receptions.

Draft saved Draft deleted