1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Bowl Rosters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BettorFan, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Andersen and Vinatieri are the only ones who deserve to be in at the exceedingly high standard kickers must be held to.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The stats might not be in front of us, but they are on NFL.com for anyone to dig up.

Hanson ranks 12th among 57 players in kickoffs with 60 for a 65.9-yard average.
    Kasay ranks 55th among 57 players in kickoffs with one for 11 yards, presumably an onsides kick. Rhys Lloyd has kicked off 75 times this season for the Panthers and ranks fourth in the NFL, which includes 24 touchbacks.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=KICKING&season=2008&seasonType=REG

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Another postseason choker.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now that is useful information, as opposed to what was presented earlier in the thread.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Since kicking off is an integral part of being a kicker, I'd say that gives Hanson an edge. Since Carney is 43rd in kickoff average I'd say Hanson, like most Detroit fans who pay for Lions tickets, was stiffed.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And the reasons he was stiffed are that he plays for the oh-for-the-season Lions and the NFL doesn't have MLB's every-team-must-be-repped rule.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I get it. But the guy was still stiffed. And I hate that rule in MLB.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Some of us -- not mentioning any names, of course -- saw this coming two years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted