1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Bowl Rosters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BettorFan, Dec 16, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

And Thomas Jones has been great for Favre. Rivers has Tomlinson back there, who looks washed up.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And Gates and Chambers have looked less than 100 percent, too.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Peter King says he sees Dan Fouts when he watches Cutler.

Both are right-handed?

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm just about the biggest Thomas Jones fan there is, and I'm amazed that I just read that sentence. I'm even more amazed that you can't really argue with it.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Peter King also continuously plugged Tavaris Jackson and Jason Campbell. I think his QB evaluation abilities are highly in question.

(not a knock on Cutler, who could be good but is already overrated)

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

How can John Carney get voted to the Pro Bowl when he isn't even starting every week?

Jason Hanson is 8-for-8 beyond 50 yards and he's not on the squad. I mean the Lions suck, but isn't that even more reason to get Hanson on the team? If he weren't as automatic the Lions would already be 0-16.

And what about Calvin Johnson. He has had five different quarterbacks this season. Three different starters. No other legit WR's a terrible line which eliminates the run threat and he is still having an amazing year. If he isn't a pro bowl receiver I don't know who is.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I would not have Steve Smith on my NFC Roster. White maybe but not over Calvin Johnson.

No love for Greg Jennings either.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Favre making it is a joke. The Jets have been good this season, but he's had next to do with that.

Pennington would be much more deserving.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Tell me how that one works, y'all. :)

10. Simon_Cowbell

8 for 8 50 and beyond.... holy shit.

May be the biggest snub, right there.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Smith is averaging 103+ yards a game on an 11-3 team... with only one other Pro Bowl pick, right?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

White maybe? The guy leads the NFC in receiving yardage and is third in receptions. I understand that Johnson doesn't have much around him, but you still have to reward actual production. Smith has more receptions and more yards than Johnson in two fewer games.

Is Johnson playing at a Pro Bowl level? Sure. Unfortunately for him, there are four guys in the NFL who are better.

Draft saved Draft deleted