1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Bowl Rosters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BettorFan, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Not me.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

spnited apparently has never been invited to a Pro Bowl party.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

In fact, I go to a Pro Bowl party every year. We eat, we drink, we watch anything other than the Pro Bowl.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

We call those "weekdays."

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Letting go of Michael Turner after Tomlinson's selling out his team in the AFC Championship was a massive mistake.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Mike Sellers, who couldn't get 1 yard in 2 tries last week, is a joke at full back.

In fact the FB position is not a serious position these days. Brandon Jacobs should be a fullback.
    It would be fun to see a team revert to the Csonka/Kiick mold.

Giant should use Jacobs and Bradshaw in the same backfield[giantsfaboi]

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Can Jacobs block? Is it worth it to waste his body on blocking? Its better to use a disposable player as lead blocker.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think NFL.com has a handfull of their experts or something like that pick their own Pro Bowl rosters, and when you look at them side-by-side you get more of a feeling for the players who probably deserve to be there.

I think the Mario-Williams-is-a-bad-pick debate has been ended.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d5a10d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

In that article, every single NFC defensive end picked had a first name starting with a J: Julius Peppers, John Abraham, Justin Tuck, Jared Allen. That's creepy.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This makes Albert Haynesworth an unrestricted free agent. Now there's an agent!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3775006

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least Sellers is actually a fullback.

Does L'Ron McLain ever even line up at fullback for the Ravens? He only played tailback against the Steelers this past Sunday. Lorenzo Neal is Baltimore's fullback.

I keep wondering when somebody is going to try an old-school offense that uses a fullback as a runner so they have two threats to carry the ball in the backfield. With most offenses now, a handoff to the fullback is a trick play, about as common as a reverse.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Only if they use him primarily as a lead blocker. With 2 backs capable of running the ball in the same backfield, the defense can't key on one, you can always fake the trap and have the other go wide.

BTW, Anyone in Houston going to publicly apologize to Charlie Casserly for drafting Mario Williams ahead of Young and Bush

Draft saved Draft deleted