1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Princeton has trouble at the He Man Woman Haters Eating Club

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 3, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/02/nyregion/princeton-eating-club-ousts-2-officers-over-emails-ridiculing-women.html?_r=0

http://gothamist.com/2014/12/02/princeton_eating_club_scandal.php

First off, I guess they have eating clubs instead of fraternities? Whatever. So at Tiger Inn, two officers were removed. One was for an email directing all members to go heckle a public appearance by the woman who sued to force Princeton eating clubs to go coed.

The other ... a female freshman got drunk (or at least that's the working assumption, drunk) and started blowing a senior on the dance floor. Someone snapped a picture, and the officer emailed it around "accompanied by a crude joke and a reference to the woman as an 'Asian chick.' ”

From the Times: Amid complaints from members, some describing the emails as evidence of a climate that is hostile toward women, the club’s graduate board of governors conducted a survey that invited respondents to strongly agree, agree, disagree or strongly disagree to statements such as “Given the current culture at Tiger Inn, it would NOT surprise me to hear that a sexual assault occurred at the club.” The survey did not refer to any specific episode.

Football teams, fraternities, eating clubs ... all of the gang-abatement strategies police use in inner cities, breaking up large groups of young men just because they're large groups of young men, might be justified on college campuses these days.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Pic or GTFO! I must see the photo before I can form a opinion.

But damn, on a dance floor?

Draft saved Draft deleted