1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Princes' Concert for Diana

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jul 1, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anybody watching this? Interesting line-up, Sarah Brightman and Josh Groban followed by Donny Osmond (part of an Andrew Lloyd Weber segment) Coming up - P.Diddy! I feel like I'm watching Bands Reunited.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

From the sounds of it, unless somebody busts in my door and puts a gun to my head -- I don't think so. ::)

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Sarah Brightman is beyond awful. And when she sings she looks as though she's trying to look at the inside of the back of her own skull. I'd rather listen to Andrea Bocelli, that's how bad she is.

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Personally I'd rather have my scrotum run through a paper shredder than subject my ears to the torture of listening to either of them.

If her eyes roll back into her skull, that would mean her vision at that moment is about as good as Bocelli's.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

So a bunch of people - many of then obscure British artists - playing three-song sets to honor Princess Diana, who may have become more popular after things went sour for her in her divorce. And even more legendary after her untimely death, the night of which I remember two CNN phone calls about: Tom Cruise calling to piss and moan about paparrazzi, and a dude sneaking a "Baba Booey!!!" in on the hosts.

But, I'm married . . . . . so we're flipping between this and the Copa America game betwen Chile and Brazil.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Evidently an AP photog can't tell the difference between Kanye and Diddy. One of the cutlines had Kanye as Diddy -- even though they're wearing different suits. Nice.
    I guess all black men look the same.

7. Best piece of music criticism I've read in six months.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I watched Joss Stone. Damn is that girl phenomenal.

9. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The initial success of "Phantom of the Opera" might be the most confounding thing in entertainment history. Brightman is insufferable and Michael Crawford isn't any better. Put them together and -- bam! -- instant millions. Whatever.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

She was against land mines you know.

11. the fop

the fop Member

Saw Diana's brother, the Earl Spencer, for the first time in oh, 10 years.

Come to think of it, that's probably the last time anyone saw Bryan Ferry, either (although loved me some Roxy Music in the day).

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ferry's new album of Dylan covers is getting strong reviews.

Draft saved Draft deleted