1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prince out at K-State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

If gpc.com fucked this up for KSU getting Patterson, and he decides not to take it, heads will roll.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

It's NOT a fan site, actually. GoPowercat.com (and it's magazine counterpart, Powercat Illustrated) is run by a team of journalists. They have an actual office and actual degrees and spend their days going out and doing these stories. They are also usually pretty reliable and the story did not come from the message board part of it, but from the editor himself.

3. DeepTexas

DeepTexas New Member

So GoPowercat (read that back to yourself, "Go, Powercat!") is NOT a fan site?

i have a hard time believing that.

all the rivals sites i've encountered follow three criteria. a) they wear apparel of the school they cover, b) they want the school they cover to win, c) they pander to the subscribers (positive when subscribers want things positive, negative when subscribers want things negative.)

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It is a fan site, but takes itself more seriously than just a message board. I don't consider it the same as a newspaper, but at some point here I was trying to get across that it's not exactly one dude behind a computer in his mom's basement. There are shades of gray when it comes to Rivals sites, and this one trends more on the "real news organization" side.

And they have broken stories. A lot of smaller stuff, injuries and the like, and some bigger stuff.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

And, in this case, some bigger stuff that they didn't break.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh, it's broken all right.

Draft saved Draft deleted