1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prince out at K-State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/876680.html

Who replaces him?

Brent Venables?

Mike Stoops?

No way will Leavitt leave USF

Odds on pick would be Gary Patterson.

2. An unpronouncable symbol?

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Not Morris Day?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Two Stoops brothers facing off every year? I'd love to see those games.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

K-State is one of the weirdest jobs in D-I:

1) a decades-long history of sucking;

2) a somewhat-recent history of being pretty good, demonstrating it is not impossible to win there;

3) in the middle of nowhere, so no powerful native recruiting base;

4) recruiting regionally against some real powerhouses;

5) seemingly in a media backwater, but plays enough games against big conference rivals it gets plenty of exposure

I suppose in the Big XII, it's probably about the 11th-most attractive job (probably above Baylor), but it would still be a step up for a lot of D-I coaches. My guess is they'll snap somebody from C-USA, WAC, or maybe the lower levels of the Big East.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Ron Prince was on 810 in Kansas City doing his weekly interview with Kevin Keitzman. KC Star columnist Jeff Flanagan wrote a column today indicating that local TV personality Jack Harry had received emails from K-State fans that were racist regarding Ron Prince.

Keitzman asked Prince if he had received any racist phone calls, emails, etc. Prince did not deny it.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Maybe Schiano will realize he made a big mistake by not going to Miami and, if offered, takes this job to get into a power conference and tries to rebuild his name again.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I'd like to take this moment to dance in the street.

...now that that's done. I'd LOVE to see Patterson or Venables in there. However, after Snyder left, didn't OU give Venables a contract extension and raise to try to discourage him from going north?

I think what this proved to K-State is we need a PROVEN coach and not one who is able to come in with a plan but fails when it comes time to actually execute it.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Any thoughts on if Snyder is named interim coach?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Phil Fulmer? Tommy Bowden?

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

K-State's president is a lameduck. So is the A.D. Why would anyone go after this job?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Whoever gets this won't be getting an empty cupboard. KSU has some players.

Draft saved Draft deleted