1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prince is a douchbag

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I know this frowned upon, but I'm a much bigger fan of The Roots than Prince.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The Roots are erratic and always have been. Prince at his peak was incredible. From 1980-87, he averaged an album a year and half of them were certifiable classics while the other half were very good.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Wendy and Lisa were hot. And not just for each other.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Prince also bought a round of drinks for Drip's table. It was spectacular.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Prince tipped Drip off to Gene Banks.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Prince taught Drip how to walk in through the out door.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Drip made darling Nikki grind.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In the mid-80s, provably and demonstrably:

[​IMG]

More recently, not so much. Google up the pics yourself if you're interested, but don't say you weren't warned.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Clicked on the video from the Jimmy Fallon show, and ...

1. He played "Bambi"??? Damn. As we say on SportsJournalists.com, great pull.

2. Looks like his backing band was all chicks. Maybe a 2010s version of Wendy and Lisa?

3. Agree that it's totally uncool to toss down somebody else's guitar. I'm sure the Purple One's ego is still huge ... that's how it goes sometimes with people who hugely talented. Not defending it, just saying.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Perhaps think of it as a collision of “Saturday Night Live” and “Purple Rain” as “SNL” alum Maya Rudolph and her Prince tribute band, Princess, headlined the second annual Benefit to Celebrate Life Saturday night at First Avenue, organized by Prince & the Revolution drummer Bobby Z.

After suffering a near-fatal heart attack two years ago, Z has staged benefits to raise funds and awareness for the American Heart Association. Last year, he reunited the “Purple Rain”-era Revolution minus Prince. This year, he reached back to pre-“Purple Rain” sidemen Andre Cymone and Dez Dickerson. But they were dessert after the main course of Princess.

Sounds like a good cause. Best wishe to Mr. Z.

And then there is this. Odd duck, he is:

Where was Prince? Who knows? But he did sit outside of First Avenue in a limo Friday night while Questlove was inside doing a DJ set.

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/blogs/196738151.html

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

the movie purple rain was laughable at best. was back in the day when i saw it the first week it was released. it is now. always loved purple rain the cd, but the movie ... fuuuuck. any person that ever could look at that little fucker the same after watching that movie is/was delusional.

and sheena easton by a freakin' country mile.

Draft saved Draft deleted