1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prince is a douchbag

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Mizzou, the night we go to dinner with Prince be aware he never pays for anything and DO NOT let him borrow your rental car to make a run to Target.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Prince could trademark the term douche.

When I was in college working special events, we were setting up the stage for a Prince concert at the local arena, and he wanted to check in on things. Everyone was forced to stop what they were doing, move to the outside of the floor, and face away. We were told that if we spoke to him or even looked at him, we would be fired. What a fucking god complex. I'll never spend a penny on anything that he will profit from.

Have a buddy who is a pretty successful guitarist and he played with Prince not too long ago. He had plenty of stories. Said he would prefer to not work with him again.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's awesome. That's exactly how I would be if I were a major celebrity who could get away with it.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Will he require a booster seat? I've heard he's a wee little fellow... :D

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

You heard right. He like to sit on phone books, less obvious.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

He could sit on your lap and you wouldn't notice.

7. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Are you sure it wasn't Nick Saban?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I had read some things in recent years Prince had toned down his douchedick behavior, but apparently he likes to keep in practice.

One thing for him to keep in mind: if you make a habit of acting like Elvis or Michael Jackson, odds are pretty good you'll end up like 'em.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Prince's doucheness pales when compared to this guy's:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/07/chris-brown-explodes-video-valet-new-threats-pinz/

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not an Epiphone guy, but that really sucks.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have never played a Epi Crestwood. Friend of mine who's familiar with the guitar said Capain Kirk's lucky the neck didn't just snap off. Apparently that guitar has a very shallow area between the high routing for the neck pickup and the neck tenon.

I'm still kind of ticked off about this. That's like a $6,000 vintage guitar. Not super expensive by professional standards but still. It's the principle of the thing.

My '72 Tele Custom isn't worth anywhere near that much, but I love that guitar.
    I'm never letting Prince touch it.

Draft saved Draft deleted