1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prince Chunk Update

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Don't think this is a D_B but if it is, just merge or delete the thread:

BLACKWOOD, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey’s fat cat has a home.
    A family in southern New Jersey will get the 44-pound “Prince Chunk” next week, according to the Camden County Animal Shelter. The shelter won’t disclose the family’s identity.
    About 500 people applied to adopt the 10-year-old cat found lumbering around Voorhees after his owner lost her home to foreclosure.
    Catherine Harr, president of the animal shelter’s board, said the cat’s new family is a couple with a teenage child. She said they are building a castle to go over Prince Chunk’s litter box.
    The adoption comes after a vet gave the cat a clean bill of health — other than his large weight.
    Harr said the couple was chosen because they have past experience with cats, and their finances are stable — unlike the cat’s former owner.
    Prince Chunk received national attention when he was found, including an appearance on “Live with Regis & Kelly.” The attention was so intense that shelter officials last Sunday had to sneak the cat out of a foster home and move him to another foster family, Harr said.
    Thousands of people from as far away as London and California called to inquire about adopting the cat, Harr said. Unfortunately, she said no one who contacted the shelter was interested in adopting any of the more than 200 other cats and kittens in the shelter’s care.
    The shelter had to euthanize about 1,000 unwanted cats last year, about a third of the cats it took in, she said.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Princess Chunk Update

Who's Princess Chunk? Does he have a fat girlfriend too?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx

4. imjustagirl

I have no idea why you keep posting that, or what it's supposed to mean.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That is Princess Chunk.

6. imjustagirl

No, it's not. It's the front page of some news of the world RSS or something. You've posted the same link, with no difference, on two different threads about two topics, and neither of them have been related to the stories on the link.

My point is that the story posted in the first post calls the cat Prince Chunk and refers to him as he.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

The 44-pound cat is female isn't it? That's what I read in the original story. I didn't see that "Prince Chunk" bit til you said something about it.

8. imjustagirl

Not if you read the link on the letters to good people. A doctor said it's a male.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Well shit. Was the original story wrong? Because I was sure they called him "princess chunk" at first.

10. imjustagirl

Yeah, they did. Because the woman couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl. :D

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Thanks, my lack of sleep this week was preventing me from accurately recalling the original story.

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Forget the proverbial bag of flour. Slap its ass and ride the fourth wave in.

Draft saved Draft deleted