1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prilosec OTC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm actually OK with "the hip-hop" but I do hate November baseball. As well as you fucking smartass kids!

I drink weak coffee and about 20 percent as much as I used to but I will NOT give up coffee completely. I told the doctor I'd give up just about anything except my dogs and my coffee. The dogs don't give me heartburn.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Give him my email, too.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It would probably also help if those damn neighborhood kids would stay the hell out of your yard!

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Ah, the importance of punctuation. A comma between "fucking" and "smartass" would separate two adjectives. But as written, without the comma, Moddy appears to be using fucking as a verb, thus accusing Mustangj of "fucking smartass kids," surely a felony in every state. :eek: :eek:

Moddy, I'm sure you can expect to hear from Mustang's lawyer concerning libel. ;D ;D ;D

Oh, by the way, I swear by Pepcid AC.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Also, as far as coffee, would you consider a switch to decaf? Many years ago while in college I had a duodenal ulcer, which caused serious heartburn. Part of the treatment was being forced to avoid caffeine in all forms.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sure. He's never heard of the Plain-Dealer. You can tell him you cover the Cavs.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

We - or most of us - are in the newspaper business, therefore heartburn medicine and high blood pressure medication are tools of the trade.

I am in great physical shape - bicycle, play soccer, outside doing something all the time - but still am on the pills. My diet has improved over the years. It's still not great if you ask my wife, but I have the reputation of and have been called a billy goat from the things I used to eat.

It all comes back to the off the hook hours we work, the daily grind of getting out the paper and knowing tomorrow you start from square one all over again.

Beer, coffee and hot dogs are staples. I'm not giving up any of them. Decaf. What's the point?

My breakfast these days is 9 out of 10 days a cup of yogurt and a banana, but you'll get my hot dog literally when you pry if from my cold dead hand!

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My fiancee used to use Prilosec OTC every day. Recently switched to Prevacid and said it's better. No idea if she's supposed to use it every day, but it definitely helps her and hasn't (so far, knock on wood) caused any adverse side effects.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They really ought to use that testimonial in a commercial.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I never believe those testimonials. How do we know he hasn't died, even if he does say that?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Could be like Yul Brynner talking from the grave.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Nope. Just checked. Not dead. Abe Vigoda does have me in his dead pool.

Draft saved Draft deleted