1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Priest Holmes to return to the Chiefs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Jul 25, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'll second Ragu's remarks about Priest and fatherhood. After every game, he flies back to see the kids on Monday (or Tuesday if it's MNF), fly back, and practice/play with the kid. They asked the mother of one of them several years ago and she says that Priest takes it seriously and makes a point to regularly see the kids and heads down to Texas during the off-season to spend time with them.

This is a risky take Priest is taking, given he's been out for nearly a season-and-a-half, while LJ finally got his chance to play, after whining and bitching about clock time. I don't think this is going to scare LJ much, since he's back in bitch mode (and with good cause over his contract, but then again the contract he signed was his first after being drafted).

I guess all of that "white coaches don't understand brothers" talk is something that Herm is going to debunk big time dealing with LJ, let alone King Carl and his contract machinations.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

something is fishy with this. wonder if it has anything to do with fact that Chiefs are going to do weekly HBO camp show. Having holmes around creates a bit of drama.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

What, you don't think Brodie Croyle is a big time NFL quarterback?

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I don't think the Chiefs are going to be great, regardless if he plays or not. I'd expect the team to go somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-10 and get some decent draft picks as it continues to rebuild.

5. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Have the Chiefs had an even remotely respectable defense since the days of Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas?

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

As a Chiefs fan, I can answer this one: No.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

With or without Priest, Chiefs don't have a QB or a defense.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Can't say I expect Priest to do much, if anything. The line won't be 1/10th as good as he remembers. The offense is different. Croyle probably won't be allowed to throw the ball more than 20 yards downfield.

Defensively, I can see them getting better. The LB corps should be solid, if not good. They got Edwards back (their biggest mistake was letting him go)... that Napoleon guy from minne-ha-ha, and Derrick Johnson. They'll be able to stop teams... they just won't be able to score.

Draft saved Draft deleted