1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Priest Holmes to return to the Chiefs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Jul 25, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkyL1HIsgYpBvQ2WX3nBWrg5nYcB?slug=ap-chiefs-holmes&prov=ap&type=lgns

I think this will give the Chiefs some leverage on Larry Johnson. I also think this could give them the offensive explosion they had in 2003. I'm anxious to see how long they keep him on the unable to perform list and how he does once he is playing.

2. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Example 5,674 why it's stupid to give running backs long-term contracts.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yes, but as a running back, he still holds the record for average yards per game and yards from the scrimmage, even with Tomlinson breaking the most td's scored by a running back record.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Priest Holmes. He is everything Larry Johnson is not: A class act who is not afraid to block or catch a pass.

If Priest is healthy, Larry Johnson can go to hell.

5. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

1. That doesn't negate the fact that giving him a long-term contract was a bad investment.
    2. Not sure why the touchdown record would be linked with the yards-per-game or yards-from-scrimmage record.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Holmes will never be completely healthy and he's in his mid-30s. He doesn't bring much to the table anymor. Without Larry Johnson (if he holds out) and with who the hell knows at QB, this could be worst team in football.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Uhh...doesn't Priest have many children by many women?

Not quite sure that's class act material. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he had at least three kids by three different women.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fixed.

9. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Plus there was that fantasy football commercial where he got mad at the guy for touching him. That wasn't classy, since I know we all dream about touching our fantasy football stars.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Three children out of wedlock. But I'm not sure what that says about anyone nowadays. He's actually a really good dad by accounts I have been given. He's also a really nice guy, who treats people well, at least in my experience. And he did as much "heart really in the right place" rather than "foundation tax deduction" charity work, mostly with underserved kids, as you'll see from 95 percent of NFL players.

He's just insane. He is too old for that shit, and he is looking at artificial knees and dozens of medical operations by the time he is 45 without putting himself through another training camp at best and NFL season at worst.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, I think three kids out of wedlock is at least three too many, but I trust your word on the other good guy stuff.

As for why he's rumored to be ramping up for this...does he need to try to play to make his money? Can't blame the guy for that.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'll be shocked if he plays - this is a ploy for insurance / buy out.

Draft saved Draft deleted