1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

price of tix for ny/nj super bowl will be RIDONCULOUS!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jun 23, 2013.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

they won't be announced until october but why any AVERAGE fan will buy for this one escapes me. they won't be revealed until october but will consumers finally send nfl a message that we're mad as hell and won't take it anyore and embarrass the league with no-shows galore?

when and at what price will fans tell nfl to go eff itself? just askin':

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/market-super-bowl-xlviii-hot-article-1.1379819

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And just to get ice ass sitting outside on a February night in New Jersey.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

As usual, I suspect most of the tickets will go to corporations, particularly official NFL sponsors. Tickets long ago got so high that many people couldn't afford them. Heck, some of us can barely afford one regular-season game per year as it is.

4. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

And how many seats are there in the Superdome? This is crazy? Who would want to pay $650 to watch a game from the worst seats in the stadium?
    I realize most of these folks are just reselling their tix (at a much higher price), but I don't care how much I love my team, I'd rather sit at home with a case of beer and watch it in HD

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

80 percent of them go to corporations and if it's too damn cold for the CEO, they'll trickle those tickets to slaves.

6. dog eat dog world

Corporate selling dictates sports. But hey, there's always a Masters ticket.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/04/masters-ticket-prices-highest-since-tiger-woods-debut/

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I hope there's a blizzard. A total whiteout. And I hope someone pushes Goodell out of the luxury box in a suit from the Bowie Kuhn 1976 collection. Not that it will knock any sense into him, because if he had any, the6 never would have scheduled this.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I hope it's 55 below with 70-mph winds.

9. dog eat dog world

Not only a whiteout but a knockout of the power grid. No heat in them luxury boxes...what are silver spoons with no team connection to do?

10. dog eat dog world

"It is indeed cold in East Rutherford, N.J."

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Oh, you mean-spirited people who wish ill on everyone. It'll be fine.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Probably complain about it and say the NFL never should've played in the elements, like they did when it rained in Miami for Super Bowl XLI.

Draft saved Draft deleted