1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pretty Woman ... hang on a damn second

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Watching Pretty Woman on ABC. In the middle of a scene I've never seen before and I swear to God, I've seen this movie as many times as I've seen Slap Shot.

Viv and Edward stop off at the Blue Banana in search of Kit. Get mobbed by the pimp and a bunch of other scruffy things, with Kit no where in sight.

WTF?

Anyone know what's up?

2. Not familiar, but maybe they included deleted scenes ...

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

You sure this isn't "Petty Woman" on Skinimax?

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Hahaha ... no, definitely the Richard Gere version.

And boys, watch this movie ... see how Edward kisses Vivian. Every man should know how to kiss like that.

Sigh ...

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

And every woman should look like Vivian!

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's weird. I've heard (or read; can't remember) that Gere is one of the worst kissers in Hollywood.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

He sure as hell makes it look good ... and he can practise on me any time he wants.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Really? I find her very Sarah Jessica Parker-ish ... when she looks good, she looks very, very good ... but she can look pretty hard sometimes.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

funny, but i didn't see any track marks on viv.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

funny, but you don't see many whores dressed like this anymore:

[​IMG]

11. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Flash,

SJP all the time, 24/7/362:
    [​IMG]

12. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Mrs. Rossi and I watched it too (save for 30 minutes when Scrubs was on WGN). Considering ABC stretched the movie over three hours, I wouldn't be surprised if they put come deleted scenes in. After all, why would a network show an 18-year old movie most people have seen, even on a Saturday night, without doing something unique with it?

Same with Fast Times. Broadcast TV had to edit so much unsuitable content out of the movie that there's lots of deleted scenes in that version -- Spicoli in the bathroom with his two stoner buds, telling an overly fantastic recounting of his first meeting with Mr. Hand comes to mind -- that they have to put in, otherwise there would be only an hour of footage that's airable.

Draft saved Draft deleted