1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pretty funny, but also pretty sad about the lack of class in public

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Yeah, I'm anti-violence, but it'd be tough to pull back after she "lightly tapped him in the grill" and poured a beer over the head.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm not even anti violence. If that was a guy I would have knocked his teeth out. I just don't think you ever hit a woman.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't think in those types of absolutes. If a chick has it coming, she has it coming.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm not saying I ever would either. I'm just saying it's tougher to pull yourself back and such after something like that happens.

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I'd hit the brunette just because of her eyeshadow. That's nasty.

(OK, I wouldn't really hit her, because I'm really just a big chicken, but I would sneer at her and make really catty comments to my girlfriends.)

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I used to think there's no argument that can be made for domestic violence, but I stand corrected. ::)

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So what would she have to do to have it coming?

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Agreed.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm with JC. I'd never hit a woman under any circumstances (unless there's a weapon involved). Which, of course, makes these types of situations such a dilemma. You just have to suck it up (not the beer, necessarily) and alert security.

10. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I can't believe I kept reading after "ill" and then I kept reading after "illest."

I'm no better than those idiots for reading their account of the evening.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I wouldn't hit her, but I'd sure as hell let my wife tear her up.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So a question for those of you who would hit these girls. If these were guys would you turn around and punch them, regardless of their size?

I understand wanting to and I would probably throw a beer back, but I just couldn't bring myself to hit them.

Draft saved Draft deleted