1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pressbox romance

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by henryhenry, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

Mrs. Editude and I have worked at the same places but prefer sharing an occupation and not a building. It's nice to dish about our peers without them being the same peers.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The now-ex-boy toy works at the TV station. I'll admit it was kinda nice to talk shop on occasion (and he's the first guy working in journalism I'd been involved with in seven or so years), but I'm still not one to date where I work.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a story a friend told me.

Co-worker of his watches one of the women in the office walk by and as soon as she is out of earshot, makes a comment about how attractive she is to my friend and the SE.

SE immediately goes into his schpiel about how bad it is to date people where you work.

Response from the woman's admirer: So?

SE tells him that the woman is married.

Admirer's response: So? That can be worked around.

SE tells him that she is also very religious.

Admirer's response: So? I can work around that, too.

SE walks away shaking his head.

Of course, the SE's wife also happened to work in that same office.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

There are many stupid moments in that flick, but the one that stood out for me was when they board the plane and each one is reading his/her own paper. You might want to read the competition, folks. ::)

5. Jimmy James (in NewsRadio): "Don't dip your pen in the company ink, that's what I say. Don't punch the company clock with the time card in your pants."

....one of the all-time most underrated shows

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Dipping your pen in company ink is very troublesome -- take it from Wicked.

7. Yeah, but it probably didn't seem like a bad idea at the time, did it?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It never seems like a bad idea at the time, but it rarely ends well.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

have to disagree. i enjoyed a two-year romance with someone i worked with back in the day. when it ended, it didn't end ugly. it doesn't have to be that way.

it depends on the person. if you generally categorize tjhe end of a relationship as "ugly," you probably want to avoid the work thing. i've generally remained friends with my ex's, so it was worth taking the leap. i wouldn't trade my two years with my office woman for anything. she was and is terrific and i grew immeasurably.

how mature am i?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It's all fun until somebody puts an eye out.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Of course it didn't. Then you realize you're spending your entire life surrounded by a close clique of people, and when drama finally ensues ...

You'll shoot your eye out!

12. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

If Maura Tierney's in the ink well, I'm rewriting the complete, unabridged works of Shakespear.

Draft saved Draft deleted