1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pressbox romance

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by henryhenry, Dec 15, 2006.

1. As much as my wife understands the business, and God bless her because most of the time she does, that doesn't keep her from letting out an audible groan half the time when my work cell phone rings or the caller ID shows the newspaper. I'd like to meet the woman who is 100% at peace with her husband being on the road a lot, making or taking calls at all hours and having to drop everything without notice to chase something.

My only fear is that somewhere down the road I look back and regret what I've put her through.

2. Industry romance, huh? Go to a copy editor conference. There are some gorgeous young college girls there.

3. My wife runs a day-care center. 9 to 5. She doesn't have any problems with my schedule. I bust my ass to get home every minute that I can. She knows that. So everyone's happy. I don't even miss that many significant moments. The industry is much more mobile now. I can call, write and send from damn near anywhere.

In fact, I wrote a story this week while waiting in line at confession. Our church has wireless. Oh yea.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

How many Hail Marys do you have to say for that?

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If I were still in the business, I would bite the bullet and hook up with Erin Andrews.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

The thread title reminds me of an old song by the Amazing Rhythm Aces:

She said, "you don't look like my type, but I guess you'll do,"
    Pressbox romance, low-rent rendezvous.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I knew a guy who married the assistant media relations of the college hoops team he covered. Not sure if that "counts" or not for this thread's purpose.

8. What that counts as is very shaky ground.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Local ABC affiliate's reporter/weekend anchor. So hot that she's got a restraining order against Al Gore, who's now convinced she's the cause of global warming.

So wait, you're saying imaginary romances don't count?

10. In a similar vein, there's a new hour of "My Boys" on TV tonight!

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the best is when one half of the couple is talented and the other is a piece of shit who keeps getting work because Gannett likes the spouse and likes the married couple thing. I saw that happen a couple of times.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted