1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Press conf etiquette question...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BadgerBeer, Mar 6, 2008.

1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I listened to the entire Favre ordeal and was wondering about something. I was surprised that nobody asked him about what role the breaking of the records played in bringing him back the last few years. He has always talked about being all about winning and yet now when he has a fine young team AND all the records he retires. Would that question be considered off base in this setting? I am pretty sure how he would have answered but with Favre you never know. Maybe he would have slipped and said something different. If someone did ask the question and I missed it I am sorry but it had me wondering.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I think it's a fair question. I'd like to know his response.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Would the question ever be asked by a Badgerpacker?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I hate this game of whether to get in a legitimate question that might piss off the athlete/coach -- possibly to the point of cutting off the PC -- or not piss off the media sheep. I feel the pain both ways, but dammit, some things need to be asked.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Brett do you think Pete Rose bet on baseball?"

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Hey Brett: How were the whores in Topeka?

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

From his opening statement:

"I hope they think every penny they spent on me, they feel like it was money well spent. It wasn't about money or records."

From later on how he wants to be remembered:

"If I have to be remembered because of statistics then I did something wrong along the way. I hope I left a pretty good impact on people." ...

"Might as well leave when I still have my health for the most part. As far as a career goes, it's been wonderful. There's nothing left to prove. There was nothing last year to prove. I've known that. I have a lot of pride, but it wasn't that difficult (to walk away)."

I agree the question could be asked, but from his opening statement on it's likely he would've stuck to form.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If there are whores in Topeka, they gotta be pretty ugly.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Did anyone ask how he is able to run around a football field with John Madden and Peter King each swinging from a nut?

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

He's got the Brett Favre of ballsacks.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I understand and agree that he may have stuck to form. However it is Brett and he will contradict himself in the same sentence. Besides I don't believe for one second that he would have retired if he was one TD pass away from the
    record. I guess I just got sick of all the fucking idiot Packer fans and the idiot national pundits sucking Brett's dick every week.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And that's where most of the Favre vitriol comes from ... the vegheads on TV kissing his ass ad naseum.

Draft saved Draft deleted