1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Press Box fights or screaming matches

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Jun 23, 2006.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Anybody remember Richie Pace and Dub Fricker getting into it over seating assignments at the Final Four in Atlanta?

2. greenie

greenie Member

I believe said woman is now writing takeouts for the New York Times. Not excusing her snottiness, but she was right about her ability.

3. Why doesn't someone just say who the hell it is?

4. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

I'm guessin' Cousin Jeffrey is right. Except for singing the fight song, this has Maryland-Northern Illinois 2003 all over it. (Though hadn't NIU already beaten a top-25 team?) And some of the writers who had finished were howling too. No respect at all.

5. boots

boots New Member

If you had to go with the whole gang theory, i'd said the New York gang is always good for an assk-kiicking session at any time. There is a lot of resentment among the scribes that is built in from years of bullshit.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

NIU crushed Frasno State in 1990 or thereabouts when the Bulldogs were a top-25 team? Something like 73-14 or so?

Might be time for Double Down to check back in and give it up to the curious masses. My money is still on ULL and A&M

Draft saved Draft deleted