1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential wooing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Susan didn't gain weight. And Mary Owens didn't die from licking envelopes.

Or at least, I don't think she did. People died from weird stuff all the time back then.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for your input. Obviously the entire point of this thread is to help us all pick a candidate based on nothing more than the story of how they met the spouse. Thank God you were here to help straighten us out and prove that it doesn't really matter.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Really makes me want to see Palin run for president, though, to see how her storybook pursuit of Todd and the words "big black cock" go together.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A significant although happily not substantial fraction of the electorate voted for a VP candidate simply because she looks good in a tight T-shirt.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I would totally vote for Katy Perry on that basis alone.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You mean this whole time Ben Roethlisberger was just preparing for a life in politics?

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Silly rabbits!

It's because those types of stories sort of mirror the candidates' conquest of the voters.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jay Mariotti - 2016!

Draft saved Draft deleted