1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential wooing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think there are some interesting gender politics swirling below the surface. And some stuff about how traditional courtships are supposed to unfold, i.e. the woman resists and resists and resists until the man finally wins her love. Women are supposed to resist, traditionally. This fact has made rape prosecutions difficult, at times, because until the last couple decades - and even now, to an extent - girls and boys were taught that sex was, essentially, a cat-and-mouse game with a preordained conclusion.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So I guess this means that Glen Rice never has the chance to be president?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So, Mr. Presidential candidate, how did you meet your wife?

What they say, "Well, for me it was love at first sight. I practically had to beg her to go out with me, but then I gift-wrapped a rescue puppy from the pound and gave it to her and she finally relented and the rest is history."

What actually happened: "I saw a great piece of ass, she saw a guy with money. We still have sex all the time, her with her tennis instructor and me with my secretary."

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was going to say, it beats telling the press, "Yeah I met her at a frat party when I held her up to do a keg stand while she wearing a skirt with no panties. I let her borrow my Harvard sweatshirt to wear home in the morning, and when she came back to return it, I knew she was the one."

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We were at the Harvard-Yale game and she blew me under the bleachers. When she swallowed, I knew I had to make her my wife...

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well he did grow up in West Texas. ;)

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"I was a volunteer at a hospital and his wife was undergoing cancer treatment. We were both in the cafeteria, our eyes met, and the rest is history."

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"We first met on this web site for sports writers and journalists. We argued over the merits of the Pittsburgh Steelers. But when we unified in our total agreement that Derek Jeter wasn't the greatest player of all time, I knew she was the one."

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Lincoln was the opposite. He was the one who had second and third thoughts about marrying Mary Todd. He was onto something with those reservations, too.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that he thought her ass looked a tad large in dresses.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the same could probably be said of most successful athlete's and their wives. Successful people are used to people bending over for their slightest whim. Not being able to get something they want, makes them want it more.

Plus - no prospective President wants people to think the prospective First Lady is easy.

12. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I thought Ric Flair was running for office.

Draft saved Draft deleted