1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Oct 18, 2011.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yup. Has nothing to do with debating skills. Has everything to do what the money is going to mobilize behind. He's their boy.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That or she's trying on her costume to go as the Village People with her friends for Halloween.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Herman Cain is ignorant. Not stupid, but ignorant in that he understands very little about basic public policy.

4. Point of Order

Perry raised plenty of money -- until he started debating and donors realized he was an idiot.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

All of those unemployed with real skills should go ahead and apply for jobs at Godfathers. A pizza place could use an engineer or teacher.

6. Point of Order

Cain: I believe in the philosophy of We Don't Negotiate with Terrorists but I would consider it on a case-by-case basis.

7. No pastels? That's not what your husband said

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

So, they shouldn't apply for the pizza job at all if they're unemployed? While they're looking for a better opportunity in their field? Doesn't that mentality sort of prove Cain's point?

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Ron Paul seems more level-headed and realistic than any other candidate; Santorum should drop out as soon as possible; Bachman needs a map; Perry is too feisty for his own good and people seem to dislike his egomaniac attitude; Gengrich is making himself look like one of the better candidates as time goes by; Cain wants us to arithmetic at home.

10. Point of Order

On what planet?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

A lot of people are lazy, but entitled is a better word for the phenomenon that's driving the jump in the unemployment numbers.

"Oh, you're unemployed? That sucks. No luck finding work?"

"Well, I can find work, but it's doing shit I don't like, and it doesn't pay as much I want. Life's not fair. Fucking Wall Street.

"One of these days I'll find the job I deserve."

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted