1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Oct 18, 2011.

1. Your mother dresses you funny.

That's not a political insult in the least.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I dunno, google it.

3. Point of Order

Herman Cain reminds me of the businessman that buys time on the local talk radio station every morning but instead of running pre-recorded ad he chats with the hosts of the show for about 5 minutes and wraps up the segment by plugging whatever it is he's plugging that day.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

When Herman is on, he is quite on.

6. Point of Order

I was unaware that Anchor Babies also had Magnets attached to them at birth. Makes sense though.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes, Mr. Cain, all the people who represent the 9 percent unemployment can't find jobs because they're lazy and not because no one is hiring. Jobs are plentiful and all we need to do is apply for them. Wow way to be f***ing out of touch.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Romney is just SUCH a politician. His expressions, his appearance, his overall demeanor. He looks like a banker. How can someone who looks like he runs Wall Street win in this climate? Maybe if he started sporting a leisure suit with a tie-dyed thong peeking out, I might take him more seriously.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The GOP solution to the unemployment crisis is to drive by the unemployment office in their Escalade and yell "get a job" out the window.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

He actually used the word "lazy"?

11. Everyone seems to want to play the Mormon card without looking like they are playing the Mormon card

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No I wasn't quoting word for word, more the sentiment. He basically implied that the reason we have 9 percent unemployment is that people aren't applying for jobs. It was in reference to the Occupy Wall Street protests. I'm kind of glad that the rest of the candidates basically tried to back track for Cain.

Draft saved Draft deleted