1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Oct 18, 2011.

1. The Mitt Romney illegal lawn care thing is a non-starter. It's a loser for Perry but I think he wants to deflect.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Curious to see how people respond to Romney's forceful defense of himself.

He seemed to put Perry in his place pretty well, but he also kind of came across as a dick.

So, does he get credit for being "strong" or does he turn people of by being a dick?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think he turns people off by being a Republican.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Understatement of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Michele Bachman is right about anchor babies.

6. "When I start my war with China I'm going to need Latinos in the military." Rick Santorum

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

He's employing the republican bitch-slap theory of politics. Forty-five minutes into the debate by my TV he's well on his way to sealing the nomination -- tonight.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Romney v. Obama. Book it right now.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

According to one school of thought on the other side of the aisle, he should curl up on the floor in fetal position and hope the mean people stop kicking him.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We can have this thread without throwing out general political insults. Please stick to the topic of the debate and don't turn this into the kind of pissing match that gets these things locked.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah.

I meant Republican primary voters.

12. Is Santorum Latin for "interruptus"?

Draft saved Draft deleted